I have been and will continue to be your Helotes City Council and I understand the challenges our community and residents experience. For the most part, we as a council have successfully accomplished many goals and addressed many concerns yet some issues remain unresolved.
I will continue to do what it takes to be the best I can be to benefit the citizens of Helotes. I've worked diligently to be a Councilman who is fair and impartial. I have and will continue to stand up for what is right and just for the citizens of Helotes. As I swore under oath, I will continue to preserve, protect the Constitution and the laws of the United States and of Texas to the best of my ability.
HELOTES CITY COUNCIL EXPERIENCE
- Helotes City Councilman for 10 Years
- Mayor Pro Tem for 3 Years
- Favored by majority of business owners in Old Town District
- Consistently supported by most municipal employees
- Consistently listened carefully to our citizens’ concerns
- Always treated our citizens with the utmost respect
- Voted on ordinances that benefited our citizens’ safety
- Voted to be fiscally responsible and transparent
- Voted for increased transparency at City Hall
- Voted against wasteful spending at City Hall
- Demanded our city avoid costly legal battles when case law does not exist or is not favorable for our city
- Worked with our independent auditors to promote accuracy and full disclosure within city budget
- Proposed funding for senior citizens at Casa Helotes Senior Center
- Assisted Disable American Veteran (DAV) in Helotes and surrounding area with establishing claims processing center
- Always been and will continue to be an independent thinker
I would appreciate your vote on May 5, 2018!
Edward “Ed” Villanueva